Advice for a graduate career
- Some modest advice for graduate students by Sterns and Huey 1987.
- Prospectus on Graduate Studies and Advising by Dan Binkley (read all the linked documents too)
- Some Pragmatic Advice to Graduate Students: a Hybridization of Stearns, Huey, and Binkley
- Three qualities of successful Ph.D. students: Perseverance, tenacity and cogency
Useful reading for your research
- Day, R.A. and Gastel, B. 2006. How to write and publish a scientific paper, Greenwood Press. This is a must read for all research students (HBSc, MSC, PhD, PDF, and visiting scholars).
- Zuur et al., 2011. A protocol for data exploration to avoid common statistical problems. Methods in Ecology and Evolution 2010, 1, 3–14.
- If you wonder where to submit your next paper, check this site out http://www.scimagojr.com/journalrank.php